Beard Transplant: Benefits of FUE Beard Transplant
You may contact a specialist of hair transplantation if you are dissatisfied with thickness of beard. The thinness of the facial hair may be hereditary or may result from hormonal imbalance or illness. The beard transplantation procedure will also become successful in selected patients with alopecia areata. The FUT and FUE procedures are both used for beard transplantation. However, the FUE is preferred over the FUT due to its unique advantages.
How FUE is Carried Out
This procedure may be carried out manually or with the help of specially build devices.
- A hair-transplant specialist determines how many healthy follicles are needed for beard transplantation. In general, 4,000-7,000 hair follicles may be extracted depending upon the unique needs of each patient.
- A specialist maps the donor site before extracting the hair follicles. The follicles with 1-2 strands of hair are extracted from the part of the scalp which is less prone to hair thinning.
- The individual follicles are meticulously planted at the predetermined locations of beard transplantation.
Benefits of FUE Procedure
- Less Invasive, Less Painful
In FUE procedure, there is no need to excise a strip of hair follicles from the scalp or any other part of the body. The hair follicles are extracted individually from a selected location. The entire procedure is carried out under local anaesthesia and the pain that is experienced after the procedure is manageable using the OTC analgesics.
- Less Scarring
After the FUE procedure, the donor site has tiny scars that can be easily covered by the hair. A large scar that results from the FUT procedure is difficult for the men with small hair to cover. The tiny scars resulting from the FUE procedure do not look unsightly.
- Quick Recovery Period, Less Risk
FUE transplantation is a minimally invasive procedure. Therefore, the donor site and the site of transplantation heal quickly after the procedure. The risk of infection is extremely low if the aftercare suggestions of a surgeon are followed carefully.
- No need for Hospitalization
There is no need for hospitalization during the FUE procedure. It can be carried out by a specialist surgeon at a clinic within 2-5 hours and a patient can return home 2-3 hours after the procedure.